Monday, October 27, 2008

DIY Belt



























Mark and I made this belt over the weekend. Yep, that's right -- fabricated the whole thing right from scratch. I had been stalking a similar one on the Urban Outfitters site for several months, but was hesitant to pay $80 for it when the design was so simple. I also knew that Mark is super crafty and has a lot of tools for leather-working. So with a lot of help and guidance I created a template from paper, cut out the pieces of leather, and stitched them together while he punched the holes and attached the hardware. The whole project cost about $10 and a few hours of time. I can't wait to try it out with the Noa Noa dress I wore last week, among other items in my closet.

This mini dress is a thrift store find; I doubt I'd be brave enough to wear it without jeans or some stout leggings underneath, but I love the way it layers with other pieces. Today's outfit is a mix of browns and grays, a combination I really like lately. Since the dress alone is too low cut for me, I added this super-soft lightweight hoodie underneath. The leggings are among my new Noa Noa finds from Paris; I bought them a size larger than I needed so that they'd have some bagginess around the knees and ankles, making them look more like pants than tights. The shoes are from John Fluevog and the blazer is from La Redoute.

No comments:

Post a Comment