Thursday, October 23, 2008

Home Again

Well friends, I have returned from my travels and am back to the daily grind, still a little jetlagged but also still feeling the buzz of having had a great vacation. I promise to do another post about my travels, including some pictures, but for right now I'm going to be a lazy blogger and simply talk about today's outfit. Anyway, I haven't even gotten a chance to upload the photos from my trip yet. I only just flew in late Tuesday night, and have barely even unpacked.

Today's outfit features, not surprisingly, two items purchased while I was traveling. The dress is from my favorite shop, Noa Noa, who has at least 2 locations in Paris in addition to the others I've visited in previous trips to Copenhagen. The dress is from the latest collection; while I was there I also found a little outpost of a shop that was selling a bunch of last year's styles at 40-50% off. Score! I picked up a couple more of their layered tulle skirts that I love so much, as well as a few other things that will no doubt be appearing in this space soon.

The other new item is this denim vest from one of my other favorite European stores, Promod. I wanted to give the dress a bit more edge, and this vest hit just the right note with the seaming details and fitted cut. I like the tie front and grommet holes as well.

Looking at this outfit side by side with the one I wore just before my trip, I realized that the shoes (by Camper) and jewelry are the same. This gave me the idea to try layering one of the tulle skirts under this dress when the weather gets a bit cooler. For now I'm enjoying another little spell of Indian summer that I was kindly greeted with upon my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment