Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday Catch-Up

Sorry to go MIA on all of you; it's been a crazy couple of days. I'll spare you all the details and get to catching up on the last few days' outfits.

If there's one place that has influenced my style more than any other, it's Copenhagen, Denmark. In my opinion Danish women have the perfect balance of femininity, playfulness, and sophistication. Tuesday's outfit, with the slouchy knitted snood, tulle skirt, short boots, and ethnic scarf is my version of the Copenhagen style I love best.





The snood, tights, and skirt are from -- you guessed it! -- Noa Noa, which is of course a Danish company. The top is one I brought back from Paris; it also has a removable cowl that's held on by three leather straps and buttons. I got it at a small boutique in the Bastille neighborhood; the brand is called Just Angels. The boots are by Reiker; after a long internal debate I decided that it was okay to wear them with a skirt because the knitted cuffs are too cute to keep covered up all the time. I got these last year in Prague when my feet were absolutely killing me after days upon days of walking in the same pair of shoes.

Wednesday's outfit featured my big splurge purchase from Paris: this gorgeous aubergine leather jacket from Zadig and Voltaire. I saw it at one of their stores in the St. Gervais district and decided it was just a little too expensive to justify. As I continued in my travels I regretted not buying it, so when I came across another of their stores, I went in to take another look at it. Not only did they have the jacket, but it was 100 euros less than it had been in the other store! Well either that, or I'd mistakenly thought it was more expensive than it was. Either way, I of course snapped it up and do not regret it one bit. The leather is soft and buttery, and the fit is perfect.





The trousers are from Anthropologie, the blouse is thrifted, and the boots are by Jo Ghost.


Finally, on to today's outfit. I've had this sweater and skirt for quite some time; why I never thought to pair them before is a mystery, since the plaid and the argyle together make the perfect unifom for a nerd such as I. The turtleneck is from H&M, sweater and tights from Noa Noa, waistcoast from Last Kiss, skirt from Stefanel, and boots from Bata.

No comments:

Post a Comment