Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dominatrix

I've had these amazing Fluevog boots for a few years now, but rarely do they ever make an appearance at work. With most outfits I feel like they're a little too dominatrix to be work-appropriate, but with this one they add just the right amount of edginess without the whole outfit being too over-the-top. I also like the way they accentuate the curves of my legs, which helps offset the very angular jacket.

The jacket is from the 80's and is one I picked up a few weekends ago at Goodwill. Normally I steer clear of any of the resurging 80's looks, having been a participant in some of the most unfortunate of 80's trends the first time around. Had this jacket been longer I'd have recoiled from it in horror, but the wide shoulders combined with the cropped length and fitted waist gives the jacket a 40's flair, which I quite like. And since the dress is very straight and somewhat clingy, the shoulder pads in the jacket help to fill out my top half. I added the skirt underneath the dress to bring just a little more volume to the lower hem -- balance is everything, especially when shoulder pads are involved.

Jacket, dress: thrifted
Necklace: H&M
Skirt: LA Made
Socks: Sock Dreams
Boots: John Fluevog

No comments:

Post a Comment