Friday, March 13, 2009

Fueling My Desire


Today I was accosted by a woman in the cafeteria who just had to tell me that these were the cutest shoes she'd EVER SEEN. Did she realize she was just fueling my desire to purchase another pair of John Fluevogs? They have so many adorable new styles right now that are just melting my heart; I may need to invest in a new pair soon.

Today's unlikely mixture of colors is held together by the jewelry, which contains navy, green, and teal. I added the red belt for a little shock of contrasting color, since the whole outfit is fairly washed out otherwise. The green jacket is thrifted; originally it had one really ugly brass button that by itself didn't hold the jacket closed in a very flattering way. My local tailor added another buttonhole for me and I replaced the buttons with these cute anchor motif ones. They were very bright and shiny when I bought them, but I 'antiqued' them by holding them over a flame until they blackened, wiping off the excess soot, and then sealing them with a clear resin.

Hat: Seeberger
Cardigan: H&M
Dress: Noa Noa
Belt: Anne Klein
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: John Fluevog
Jewelry: ?? wish I could remember

No comments:

Post a Comment