Monday, December 15, 2008

Holiday Parties

Mark is finally making an appearance on my blog today. On Saturday we had a 'pre-party' gathering and 2 holiday parties to go to; one for my work and one thrown by some friends of Mark's. These were our outfits for the evening's festivities.

I found this dress in a little shop in the Marais district of Paris. The wrap part is removable, but I think it looks cuter with it on. The wrap is made of boiled wool, as is the back panel of the skirt. It's a very unusual design, and I'm happy I finally got to wear it. Because the dress is dark brown with thin black stripes in the pattern, it goes really well with these ecru-trimmed black boots by John Fluevog. Mark's outfit features this fantastic vest we found at a store in the Haight called Ceiba. His shoes are also by John Fluevog.

Both of our hats are my own creations. In fact, I whipped up Mark's derby hat on Friday night, and trimmed it on Saturday morning. Mine was made during my recent millinery workshop, although since that time I redid the trimming on it. The hats got a lot of attention at all the parties we attended.

No comments:

Post a Comment