Friday, December 12, 2008

Tulle Skirt

This is the first time I've worn this tulle skirt as a skirt rather than as a petticoat. Generally it's only to be seen peeking out from under the hem of another skirt, since the top half of it is actually sheer. However, this boiled wool tunic is long enough that I was able to wear the tulle without needing another layer. The tulle is really soft and drapey, not stiff and scratchy like a typical crinoline petticoat. I like the combination of the top and bottom halves of this outfit; the bottom is very feminine and traditional, while the top has more of a modern, urban flair.

These shoes weren't quite so torturous yesterday as they were the last time I wore them. I hope this means they'll continue to improve, although the fact that it took me nearly 5 months to wear them again speaks volumes about just how uncomfortable they were. They really are pretty, though.

Striped shirt: Forever 21, thrifted
Tunic: Promod
Hat: Monsoon
Skirt: Noa Noa
Shoes: Modern Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment