Monday, December 1, 2008

Irony

Oh, the irony of this outfit. I felt so Susie Homemaker in this little gingham apron, and yet that couldn't be less like my personality. My disdain for household chores has in fact reached epic proportions in recent months, prompting among other things the hiring of a weekly housekeeper to do everything from washing my dishes to changing my sheets. I don't really even cook, if I can avoid it. I strive to be a true woman of leisure, but somehow my job keeps getting in the way.

I found this apron at a vintage store over the weekend. I'm not sure if it's really vintage, but it is most definitely handmade. I immediately liked the idea of transforming the look of a skirt or dress with it, but it was my love of the color orange that really sealed the deal. Since I don't often pair orange and green, this opened up a whole new range of possibilities for me. I have to admit that I was also hoping to catch my work colleagues off guard with it, but I think I've finally lost my ability to surprise them with what I wear.

Cardigan: E-klah
Shirt: H&M
Scarf: from a local import store
Skirt: Noa Noa
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: John Fluevog

As a bonus today, I thought I'd include a picture of one of Georgie's recent outfits. This is actually from last week when it was rainy and cold; we were headed over to Mark's place, so Georgie wore her raincoat and backpack. Like many pit mixes Georgie has a lot of energy, so I sometimes weigh down this pack with books or other heavy things to give her an extra workout when we walk. I'd like to think that it burns off some of that energy, but I suspect that the only energy burned off during our outings is my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment