Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cheeky

In accordance with my usual custom, I put together all of the week's outfits on Sunday. Since it was evening and I was drinking wine at the time, I felt considerably cheerier then than I did yesterday morning when I got up and started trying to figure out which of the outfits I felt like wearing. The first outfit hanging there in the closet was this one. I asked myself, "Do I feel cheeky enough to wear the shorts today?" Of course I didn't; it was 6:30 in the morning and I was out of bed and not even caffeinated yet. But since that's the case pretty much every morning, when was I ever going to feel cheeky enough to wear it? So then I asked myself, "How cheeky do I WANT to feel today?" And thus, the shorts became the obvious choice.

These are the new Fly London boots I was telling you about on Monday. They have a retro space age vibe that I love, and were surprisingly comfy for the first wear. The calves were a bit tight at first, but they stretched as the day progressed and felt just fine after a few hours. You'll be seeing lots more of these boots, I'm sure.

Hat: Parkhurst
Shirt: thrifted
Vest: A. Byer
Shorts: Mango
Tights: Falke
Boots: Fly London
Jewelry: Betsey Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment