Friday, June 27, 2008

Alterations

Georgie insisted on being in the picture today. Normally she just ignores me and lays in her bed while all the morning preparations are going on, but today she poked her head around the corner and then casually walked right up and plopped down next to me.

Today's outfit was a lot of fun to put together. I employed the strategy of taking an underutilised garment and building an outfit around it; Kasmira also discussed this approach recently. In this case it was actually 2 items, the skirt and the green top.

I bought this little lime green top expressly to go with this skirt because it came with a purple and green patterned belt. However, the top also had belt loops sewn on that placed the belt right across the ribcage, which wasn't comfortable and didn't really even look very good, and then the whole thing just smacked of being too matchy-matchy anyway. Last night I removed the belt loops and pulled out my favorite teal belt to pair with it, which I felt was a big improvement. There's something very satisfying about altering an article of clothing to make it work better.

Green top: La Redoute
Skirt and purple tank: Sisley (from Benetton)
Hat: Noa Noa
Shoes: John Fluevog

No comments:

Post a Comment