Monday, June 30, 2008

Secretary

Today's outfit was completely inspired by the movie Secretary, which is one of my all-time favorites. In fact, the top is even called the "Maggie" secretary blouse; it's from my oft-frequented site The Red Dress Shoppe. Adding the chunky Gabriella Rocha t-strap pumps made this ensemble my own, though. The skirt, from Max Studio, has a cute row of kick pleats in the back that absolutely make the piece; I've had this skirt for years and have gotten a tremendous amount of use out of it.

The skirt is not high-waisted, as the short blouse requires, so I faked it by adding my wide black belt (also from the Red Dress Shoppe). The bag is from Victoria's Secret.

I'd have loved to wear the outfit just like this all day, because I thought it looked great without anything over it, however the frigid office temperature necessitated adding this cropped cardigan from H&M. The office freeze is something I've been dealing with for the nearly 3 years I've been at this job; we're in an old building and the HVAC system is fairly archaic. Thankfully next week we're moving to a brand new building, where I will have a view of the bay, and the airport. Now all day I can watch the planes taking off and daydream about where they might be going.

No comments:

Post a Comment