Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wedding Shoes

I bought these shoes a few years ago to go with an outfit I wore to a friend's wedding, and haven't worn them again until today. I discovered the hard way that they're really not suited for a day filled with walking and climbing stairs; however, they look fantastic enough that I resolved not to let 3 more years go by before I wear them again. Next time though, I'll make sure I check my calendar more closely the day before.

The silk scarf is from Banana Republic, sheer navy top by Cotton Candy (via the Red Dress Shoppe, which is apparently my theme this week), skirt from Sunhee Moon, and shoes by Steve Madden. Underneath the sheer top is a simple beige camisole with lacy details at the top. It's weirdly liberating to wear underwear in full view at work.

I love the detailing on this sheer top, and I thought the orange skirt and ethnic-inspired accessories gave it a more modern look. It occurred to me today that I've only ever paired this orange skirt with navy; next time I resolve to pick a different color.

No comments:

Post a Comment