Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Katherine Hepburn

I'm back from a fun weekend in Minneapolis, though still feeling the effects of a late flight and lack of sleep. Today's outfit was thrown together on the fly, but was aided by the fact that these fabulous new trousers require little else to make a great look. They're from Anthropologie and were among my finds over the weekend.

I typically shop for clothes whenever I'm in Minneapolis, for a variety of reasons: summer clothes, which are wearable year-round in California with the addition of a long-sleeved shirt or a pair of tights, are practically worthless by September in Minnesota and are deeply discounted towards the end of the season; they have different styles that aren't always available out here; and not only are the prices better than in San Francisco, but there is also no sales tax on clothing, which saves me an additional 8.5%, or whatever the going rate for highway robbery is these days.

Purple tank: Thrifted
Orange cardigan:e-klah
Shoes: Camper
Brooch: Alemany flea market
Green jewelry: Cost Plus
Gold necklace: ?

I love the way the high-waisted, wide-legged trousers paired with the cropped cardigan plays with my proportions. Pants like this always remind me of Katherine Hepburn and the androgynous yet sexy outfits she used to wear. I especially like the lace-up detailing on the back of the waistline. I should note that these pants are among the new fall line from Anthropologie and were full price; my friend Belinda's assertion that they were a "must-have" was enough to make me ignore the hefty price tag. Belinda would never steer me wrong about something like that.

Not surprisingly, my weekend purchases did not stop with these trousers; there will be plenty more new things in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment