Friday, July 18, 2008

New Shoes

This beautiful new pair of pumps by Modern Vintage just arrived yesterday from Endless.com, so of course I was determined to wear them today. It's been a long time since I've owned a pair of white (actually they're more of an ivory color) shoes, and I was momentarily at a loss as to what to do with them. Then I remembered these cute eyelet tights I bought a few months ago, and decided I would pair the two to make my legs look extra long. This allowed me to wear this long tunic and below-the-knee skirt together, which otherwise would've made my body look very truncated.

I've nearly gotten through all my recent Forever 21 purchases once now; this denim tunic is possibly the last. Although I adore the button detailing and the bib front, the tunic has more of a maternity feel than I'm quite comfortable with, so I may just have it altered a little bit for some more definition around the waist. I think an inch or so off the sides would make me happier with it. I'm also going to swap out the buttons for some that are orange or maybe tortoiseshell, which I think would be more interesting. The rest of the outfit: drape neck sweater by Tulle, and the skirt is unknown, as the label has been obscured by dry cleaning tags.

My frequent readers will probably not be surprised to learn that I ordered not one, but 3 new pairs of shoes the other day. I seem to be incapable of ordering just one pair. I mean, the UPS guy has to come all that way to deliver them, so I might as well make it worth his while! Anyway, one of the pairs has to go back -- just think if that had been the only pair I ordered! What a complete waste it would've been.

No comments:

Post a Comment