Monday, July 21, 2008

Nerd Girl

Today's outfit was built entirely around these shoes, which I found at a thrift store for $4 over the weekend. They have a nerdy appeal that I thought I could play upon by adding some argyle and plaid.

This argyle vest is from A. Byer. Originally it came with a fake button-down shirt sewn in, which I thought was really dumb, particularly since the collar stuck out in a weird way and the tails of the shirt didn't really lay flat. I like the vest part though, so I cut the collar, tails, and sleeves of the faux shirt out and layered the vest over this Guess shirt, which actually fits me. Cropped pants by Poleci, shoes by No Boundaries.

Another great find over the weekend was this cute brooch, which I picked up at the Alemany flea market along with a bunch of other great stuff. The brooch only set me back $5 after a bit of bargaining. Also among my purchases were a couple of pairs of clip-on earrings, which I plan on turning into cardigan clips using Kasmira's instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment