Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Peek-a-Boo

This blue shirtdress is one of the purchases from my weekend Forever 21 shopping trip. I've been wanting a shirtdress for quite some time, but I find that a lot of them have arms that are just long enough to restrict movement. This one is lightweight, comfortable, and allows for full arm extension, although there's no way it could be worn as a dress unless you don't mind the front blowing wide open in the lightest of breezes. I've already got a few more ideas for different ways I'm going to wear it, none of which is as a peek-a-boo dress.

The capri leggings are from Kersh, scarf from Ralph Lauren, belt from the Red Dress Shoppe, and shoes by Bobbi Blu. The incredibly gorgeous necklace is a recent Etsy find, and is made from a vintage brooch.

Whenever I mix 2 colors that are difficult to pair, such as this dark blue and black combo, I always like to include some contrasty patterns so that the mix of colors looks doesn't come off looking unintentional. I thought this navy scarf was perfect, but it was far too hot today to wrap it around my neck; instead, I tied knots in the ends to weigh it down and make it hang properly. It's a very low maintenance way to wear a big long scarf like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment