Monday, July 14, 2008

Random

When I put away this cropped tartan jacket after the last time I wore it, I randomly hung it up next to this black and white floral top. I noticed that the mix of patterns contrasted nicely, so I kept the two items paired in my closet until I was ready to wear the jacket again. This is something that happens quite a bit, where I will accidentally create combinations based on random proximity of items.

This kind of haphazardly-tied look for a scarf is quite popular in San Francisco; in fact, scarves in general have to be one of the most oft-used accessories in this town. I was never a big scarf-wearer until I moved here and realized that even on sunny days, the ocean breezes are cool enough that a scarf makes the difference between Slightly Chilly and Perfectly Comfortable. On foggy days when the damp air seeps through to your very bones, a scarf means your teeth won't be chattering while you're ordering your double latte at the Blue Bottle coffee stand.

The jacket is from A. Byer, floral top and scarf from H&M, cropped pants from La Redoute, shoes from Bobbi Blue. I have to admit I'm pleasantly surprised with how comfortable these flats have turned out to be. Though I'm generally not a big fan of flats for comfort reasons, they definitely have their purpose, and I've recently broken down and bought a couple of pairs. These seemed a little dicey the first time I wore them, but have broken in quite well after just 3 wears.

No comments:

Post a Comment