Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thrifting

Today's outfit features a real rarity for me: thrifted items. Now I actually enjoy thrift shopping quite a bit, it's just that here in San Francisco people are so fervent about it that the selection is usually very picked over by the time I ever make it to the stores. This town is loaded with savvy thrift shoppers who leave me in the dust; however, every now and then I do come across a few good finds, and these 2 tops are among them.

When I found the floral drape-neck tank, I immediately thought of pairing it with this skirt by Mac & Jac. The patterns are made up of many of the same colors, though the pattern of the top is simpler and more crisp. They are dangerously close to clashing when placed side by side; adding the sheer top and belt broke up the patterns just enough.

I liked the softness of the butter yellow belt with the cream top. In an effort to prevent the outfit from looking too precious, I added my Betsey Johnson skull jewelry and left the scarf looking a little rumpled. The 2-tone pumps by Anne Klein added a little splash of unexpected color; it's hard to tell here, but if you take a closer look you can see that they're raspberry and orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment