Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lucky Inspiration

I got the inspiration for this outfit from the most recent issue of Lucky magazine. The outfit pictured actually shows a long suede jacket belted over a skirt and top, but it gave me the idea to use this shirtdress in the same way. My version has the added benefit of being wearable all day, whereas a suede jacket would be too warm for indoors. The original outfit is shown to the right.

The outfit looks complicated but was actually pretty easy to assemble. I started with a neutral layer; lightweight camel sweater, brown linen skirt, and tights. Over this I added the dress, leaving all the bottom buttons open and buttoning the top up all the way. Finally, I added this big red scarf to add a splash of color, and of course the belt to hold it all together. This could easily have been layered over another dress instead, provided the layer underneath was just a little bit longer than the shirtdress.

Sweater: La Redoute
Skirt: H&M
Dress: Diane von Furstenberg
Tights: Falke
Shoes: Joy Chen
Scarf: H&M
Belt: Made by Mark and I

No comments:

Post a Comment