Monday, December 7, 2009

Enthralled

Let's get right to the heart of the matter here: this post is all about these amazing new Eject boots, which I am absolutely enthralled with. I discovered this brand randomly on Endless and was immediately thrilled at seeing styles that are every bit as interesting and imaginative as the Fluevogs that I also adore. I wasn't familiar with Eject shoes before, but after poking around a bit I found a few reviews that sounded encouraging. Cheap they most certainly are not, but once I opened the box I knew they were worth every penny. Soft supple leather, beautiful detailing, and an ideal fit mean that these shoes are going to get a lot of use. I'm very glad I took the plunge and ordered them.

The shoes are made in Portugal and are just loaded with interesting details: aged, crinkle-texture leather, satin laces, and amazing sculptural heels. Many of Eject's other styles have equally imaginative features that really set them apart from ordinary shoes (I included some photos of other Eject styles at the bottom of the post). To me these shoes have elements of runway fashion but are still very wearable; in fact, these were comfortable right out of the box. I am definitely adding Eject to my list of favorite brands.

I actually left the house wearing my gray Fly London boots, but knowing that these shoes would be waiting for me in my office, I wore this outfit so that I could change into them once I got there. I'm thinking this might be a great way to get more use out of my shoes -- take an extra pair and change them midday. Eventually I could plan my work day just like a stage performance, and have several costume changes. Now THAT might turn some nerdy heads!

Cardigan: S
Necklace: a handmade gift from Sal
Belt: Urban Outfitters
Dress: J. Crew
Skirt: Noa Noa
Boots: Eject

Below are some other beautiful styles from Eject. Coming later this week, I've got an entire post dedicated to shoes -- a tour of my own collection, and how to build a collection of your own.


No comments:

Post a Comment