Thursday, December 3, 2009

Traumatized

I don't wear these cords very often, I think because I'm still somewhat traumatized by an experience I had a few years ago. I had a beautiful pair of plush Elie Tahari pants, not so much a true corduroy as a micro-cord fabric, where there were no raised ridges and only an even, dense nap. The fabric was an indigo blue underneath, but the nap was a rich brown, giving the pants a really interesting depth. I adored them, and wore them at every opportunity. Then one day I took a good look at them as I was pulling them out of the closet, and realized that most of the nap had worn off of the ass. I had been walking around with a blue butt for months! Ever since then I've been very cautious with corduroy fabrics, saving my wears for days when I'll be doing more standing than sitting. And yes, I always check the seat of the pants before I put them on.

These cords pair really well with black, so I decided to do a rework of the outfit on the right, from way back in May of 2008. In order to update the look I added my military jacket, and built upon the naval theme by adding the striped shirt. I like how my pose is almost the same in both photos. I didn't plan it that way, either; I probably just need to get some new poses.

Jacket: F21
Shirt: H&M
Pants: Marlowe
Boots: Modern Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment