Monday, December 14, 2009

Hardware

The first time I wore this skirt it occurred to me that I could try it layered this way, so I finally gave it a try. By opening up one of the functional zippers, I was able to let a little of the gored tulle skirt pop out at the hemline and create some movement and depth. I liked how the soft, nude pink softened all the saturated stripes and dark neutrals.

This skirt was an excellent buy from Gilt (although Mark likes to refer to it as Guilt, which I have to admit is pretty damn funny). It's really hit or miss on there; sometimes the 'sale' price is still in the thousands of dollars range and all I can do is ogle the offerings and try not to drool too much; other times I've found a gorgeous, quality piece for under 200 bucks, or even less. Either way, it's fun to peruse the selections each day and look at all the beautiful designer clothes and accessories.

I wore a lot of rings that day, which someone at work actually noticed. I guess I was inspired by all the hardware on the skirt and belt; I felt like I needed some on my hands too.

Jacket: F21
Shirt: H&M
Belt: thrifted
Skirt: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Tulle skirt: Noa Noa
Shoes: Tsubo

No comments:

Post a Comment