Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Limited

I hope everyone here in the States had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Mark and I went out for a wonderful dinner at one of our favorite local restaurants, Home. I just love Thanksgiving in San Francisco, when it feels like the entire city clears out. I felt like driving around and parking my car again and again, just because I could! Both Mark and I were very productive over the weekend; Mark made (and sold) several belts, and I finished 3 different versions of a new style of mini top hat I've been working on for the shop.

Here's my All Saints Deadwood dress again; there really aren't so many ways to style this dress because the puffy collar and jutting-out pockets make it difficult to put anything on top, and the form-fitting cut makes it challenging to layer too much underneath. Therefore at the moment I'm pretty much limited to putting a thin top underneath and changing up the legwear and shoes, at least until I can identify something in my wardrobe with a wide enough neck opening and short enough length to wear as a top layer.

Coming up tomorrow I've got a long-overdue tutorial on layering skirts, just for you, Sal! Be sure to tune in!

Shirt: La Redoute
Dress: All Saints
Shoes: Faryl Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment