Monday, December 28, 2009

Optimism



I just loved all the drape, texture, and 3-dimensionality of this outfit: the sheer batwing top, the chains and studded boots, the hint of tulle peeking out at the hemline, and of course the fantastic ruffles and shaping on this dress. This is definitely an outfit I'll use again, either for an evening outfit or in a slightly different configuration at work. The featured outerwear here is a boiled wool shawl-collar coat that I picked up in Riga a couple years ago. It's soft and drapey and basically feels like a giant sweater. It's really idea for the San Francisco climate because it's warm without being too bulky, which means I can wear it over other layers while still looking tailored.

It occurs to me that I've bought a lot of coats in my travels -- perhaps that just means that I don't pack enough warm clothes. Some might call that poor planning; I prefer to think of it as optimism.

I tend to wear this batwing top belted, because otherwise it just makes me look large and shapeless, especially over a full skirt like this one. The elastic belt keeps the excess fabric in place and still allows the top to have the unstructured, flowing look that made me like it in the first place. I like the way the keyhole back reveals part of the pattern on the dress.


Coat: Promod
Dress: All Saints
Top: Sisley
Skirt: Glam Garb by Gunlis
Tights: MP
Boots: All Black

No comments:

Post a Comment