Monday, November 30, 2009

Louis XIV



Well, I really went for it with this outfit -- the tie, the crazy bell-sleeved, bustled shirt, the stripey socks -- and what do you know, my coworkers actually noticed! I got several compliments on this one, as well as a few admiring looks (at least, I took them to be admiring). Amazingly, I didn't even plan this outfit in advance; it just came to me in the morning while I was getting ready.

I thought this outfit was an interesting blend of modern menswear and a 17th century court vibe. Those big elaborate sleeves paired with the cropped pants and heels made me feel like one of Louis XIV's subjects. This was a really fun outfit to wear.



Vest: Last Kiss
Shirt: All Saints
Tie: thrifted
Pants: Noa Noa
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Tsubo

No comments:

Post a Comment