Friday, January 22, 2010

Committing a Felony

I bought this black dress, as well as an off-white version of the same one, from Gilt Fuse a couple of weeks ago. Between the credit I had in my account and the super low sale price, I got both dresses for $31 plus shipping. The thin, soft jersey fabric is just perfect for layering, and the asymmetrical ruffle is of course especially appealing to me. Initially I wanted the off-white version as an eventual replacement for my ecru dress from Lady Language, which is starting to pill and may not last too much longer, but the black version had so much potential with its subtle metallic gold stripes that I couldn't resist getting both.

The thought of wearing this garment as a dress is laughable; between the ridiculously short length and the huge scoop neck, I'd be defying so many fashion rules that I'd probably be committing a felony in several states. Nope, for me it's a tunic, thanks. For this outfit I scrunched up the bottom to make it sit a bit higher; the jersey fabric of the skirt helped to hold the tunic in place.

Blazer: Victoria M. Ortiz
Shirt: F21
Dress/tunic: Free People
Belt: thrifted
Skirt: Zara
Boots: Modern Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment