Thursday, January 7, 2010

Flashy




With this outfit I wanted to put together something that had sort of a 50's vibe. I thought the cuffed jeans were a good place to start, and the cropped cardigan, beret, and scarf were the perfect finishing touches. Not too overt, but it had the feel I was going for. My outerwear was my navy pickstitch coat from Tulle. As you may remember from way back in my Buyer's Remorse series, this coat was on my 'specific rules' list for quite some time: I was only allowed to buy another coat if it was a navy one. I found this one on a crazy sale for something like 12 bucks, and it's a great basic coat for mild winter days.


What's that on my hand, you ask? Oh, of course it's my Wendy Brandes for Frances swear rings! This outfit needed lots of flashy silver to give it some punch, and the rings fit the bill perfectly. Stay tuned for tomorrow's post, which spotlights the rings again and is the first installment in a brand new series I'm kicking off this year!


Cardigan: Old Navy
Striped hoodie: ??
Scarf: Banana Republic
Rings: Wendy Brandes
Jeans: Acne
Shoes: Tsubo
Coat: Tulle

No comments:

Post a Comment