Friday, January 15, 2010

Equestrian Romantic

Hooray, I made it to Friday! I thought this week was never gonna end, seriously. Now if I could just get rid of this pounding headache...

This style is one I call Equestrian Romantic; I used to wear stuff like this a lot more frequently, but lately I seem to be drawn to edgier looks. However, this style still continues to crop up in my wardrobe because it's feminine and somewhat classic. And I'll be honest; it's also pretty much a no-brainer to put together when it's 8:15 on a Monday morning and I didn't bother to put together an outfit the night before. Full skirts, fitted and belted cardigans, and low-heeled boots are a great combo that's both comfortable and warm. For other looks I've worn that have a similar vibe, check out this post, this one, this one, and reaching waaay back into the vaults there's this one.

With this outfit I folded up the sleeves of the cardigan in order to expose the pretty lace-trimmed cuffs on the shirt. This also allowed me to push the sleeves up to my elbows if I wanted, which is something I tend to do with long-sleeved shirts.

I'm off to enjoy the long weekend. I really appreciate having Martin Luther King Jr. Day off because it softens the blow of the long Christmas and New Year's holiday being over. I'll be back on Tuesday with a post on how to jazz up corporate wear in more conservative work environments. Have a great weekend everyone!

Top: a gift from my mom (thanks, Mom!)
Cardigan: a gift from my sister (thanks, sis!)
Belt: from a Noa Noa sweater
Skirt: La Redoute
Boots: Miz Mooz

No comments:

Post a Comment