Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fortune Teller



I'm very excited about this sweater, which I picked up at Goodwill last weekend for $4.49. I'd been wanting a boyfriend-style slouchy cardigan, but somehow I just couldn't bring myself to pay new-clothes prices for an article of clothing that essentially looks like it's too big for me. So instead I thrifted this sweater which actually IS a couple sizes too big for me; it has the extra-long sleeves and the slightly baggy look I wanted, while still looking like it's designed for a woman's figure. Plus the cable pattern is just so pretty, and being 100% cotton the sweater is also extremely soft. Thrifting for trends is something that Sal has posted about quite a bit, but this was really the first time I've actively (as opposed to accidentally) done it myself. Check out Sal's advice on thrifting for trends here, and here.

This outfit, with the teal and gray skirt combo, is the one I alluded to on Monday, and I was really happy with it when I walked out the door. By the end of the day though, I got the sneaking suspicion that I should've gone with a long silver necklace instead of the scarf, or else lost the hat. Something about the scarf combined with the long skirts, drapey cardigan, and turban-esque hat made me feel very gypsy fortune teller, which I'm not so sure is such a good thing. But boy, this outfit sure was comfy and warm, and who knows, maybe I could've made some easy cash reading palms in the cafeteria?

"Origami" Hat: Alternative Design Studio
Scarf: Urban Outfitters
T-shirt: H&M
Gray skirt: S
Teal skirt: LA Made
Cardigan: thrifted
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Tights: Noa Noa
Boots: All Black

No comments:

Post a Comment