Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lots Going On

It doesn't look like there's much to this outfit, but there are a lot of things going on here that make it just perfect for the cold, rainy weather we've been having lately. First off is the wool hat, which kept my hair from getting destroyed in the rain and kept my head warm at the same time. Next up is the angora-blend hoodie, which definitely added a lot of warmth and kept my arms covered. Finally, there are the multiple layers at work keeping my legs toasty: underneath are a pair of cotton leggings, over that are thigh-high argyle socks, and finally there are the boots to keep my legs dry.

Long socks over leggings is a staple for me in the winter, because while the combination keeps my legs warm under skirts and dresses, it doesn't make the foot section too thick to fit in my shoes. This was especially important for these boots, which have absolutely no extra wiggle room.





Hat: Seeberger
Hoodie: La Redoute
Dress: Orla Kiely
Socks & leggings: Sock Dreams
Boots: from Scoop in Copenhagen

No comments:

Post a Comment