Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Paddington Bear

Well, I'm back to the daily grind, and back to my regular office outfit posts. This one was inspired by a rainy day, as you can probably tell from the rain boots. Since the shiny boots have sort of a mod look to me, I chose this vintage 60's suit to wear with them, and added the hat so that I didn't have to worry about my hair going flat from the soggy weather.

As much as I love this multi-colored turtleneck sweater, I have concluded that no matter what I do, I will never be able to get that funky thrift store smell out of it. I've had it cleaned several times and have doused it with a vodka solution (which has worked for other items), but to no avail. I thought I had it licked the last time, but partway through the day I started to smell it again, and as soon as I got home the sweater went into the donation pile. So sad.

My featured outerwear is of course my red Tulle coat, which goes perfectly with the rain boots. For some reason I felt a little like Paddington Bear in this outfit, although I'm pretty sure his coat was blue and not red.




Suit: vintage
Sweater: thrifted
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Coat: Tulle
Boots: Aquatalia

No comments:

Post a Comment