Monday, January 11, 2010

Pinstripes


***If you're in the Bay Area, I'll be showing off many of my newest hat designs at the Dark Garden Pre-Edwardian Ball Trunk Show this Wednesday from 6-9 pm! Click here for more details.***
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was an easy, casual outfit I put together for one of the last days of work before I left for my vacation. Not even wanting to deal with my hair, which was starting to grow out and look sloppy, I threw on a hat.

I've had the idea of wearing tight-fitting pinstriped pants with these black boots for quite some time now, having been inspired by a smartly dressed girl I saw on the street on my commute home one day. But the right pair just hadn't presented itself to me, so it's something I've kept in the back of my mind. I found these on Clockwork Couture, a sort of steampunk online clothing store, and because they were so inexpensive I decided to give them a try. The quality is frankly pretty poor, and in fact one of the belt loops came unattached as soon as I grabbed it to pull the pants up, but I suppose that for now they're fine. I'm assuming these will only be good for a few wears, and then they'll fall apart and I'll have to start my search all over again.

I liked how well the pants tied in with the soft brownish-purple of the hat in this outfit. If you look carefully, you'll see that I have several shades of brown mixed together here; the long-sleeved t-shirt is a deep chocolate brown, the pants are medium brown, and the belt is sort of a cognac color. Technically the scarf is brown too, but it's so dark that it's really hard to tell.

Hat: Accessorize (Copenhagen)
Scarf: Duke et Duchesse
Tunic, t-shirt: H&M
Pants: Clockwork Couture
Boots: Modern Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment