Tuesday, September 1, 2009

All Saints

After many months of ogling the wonderful offerings on the All Saints website, I finally broke down and ordered a couple of things. I'd previously been daunted not only by the unfavorable exchange rate of dollars into pounds, but also by the fact that the shipping charges to the US are considerable. I found this gorgeous skirt and an amazing shirt (which I'll show you in a later post) marked down more than 50%, putting them into the range of what I'd spend on this side of the pond for a shirt and skirt, even with shipping factored in.

I can't say enough good things about the feel and quality of the items I ordered. This skirt probably weighs a good 3 pounds, so sturdy is its construction. My only comment is that the sizing is a little weird: what's listed on the website is different from what's listed on the labels. The website lists a UK size 10 as being equivalent to a US size 6, so that's what I ordered. However, the labels inside the clothing say that a UK 10 equals a US 8, which made me worry that they'd be too large. Thankfully both items fit perfectly, so the sizing equivalents on the website are the right ones.

I love the way the skirt is cut higher on both sides, which perfectly frames my adorable Libby Smiths.




Scarf: Duke & Duchess
Shirt: H&M
Skirt: All Saints
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: John Fluevog

No comments:

Post a Comment