Thursday, September 24, 2009

Vintage Vest

My keyboard is still non-functional, but with Mark's help I've at least been able to upload the rest of my photos from the trip, so I should have a few of them to show you tomorrow. In the meantime I'll talk about the fun new things in this outfit.

I picked up this vest several months ago at a vintage show, but it needed some alterations before it was ready to wear, so it sat in my closet for awhile. I think it was originally a men's vest, which meant that it needed to be taken in at the sides so that it tapered more towards the waist. The tailor did a lovely job and now it fits perfectly. I love that it just has the single row of buttons, which really slims me at the waist. The plaid pattern has soft shades of green and teal that meld together, which gives it a lot of versatility for what I can pair it with.

The boots are some that I found while everyone was out visiting for my birthday party last month and all us girls went out shopping together. I'd been looking for a pair of deep red boots for some time, but it's tough to find colorful boots that also have interesting embellishments. The ruffled edge and buttons on these are just perfect, and they have a nice low wedge heel that's really going to be practical for the coming winter months. Too bad I can't wear them right now because of my broken toe...

Hat: Accessorize
Top: Anne Taylor
Necklace: Betsey Johnson
Vest: vintage
Skirt: Anthropologie
Tights: Biella
Boots: Miz Mooz

No comments:

Post a Comment