Thursday, September 3, 2009

Blank Slate

Today I am en route to Buenos Aires, folks! The posting may be sporadic until I get back, however, I have a couple of scheduled posts all lined up for Monday and Tuesday with a few surprises thrown in, so don't go away! Jess and I will do our best to bring you some updates from the road.

This denim dress is a fantastic blank slate on which to pile on all sorts of other textures, patterns, and hardware. Because it's such a muted shade of indigo and such a long expanse of solid color, it's almost impossible to overdo it with accessories. For this outfit, I started with a solid black layer of a skirt and tank top, and layered the dress over that. The dress doesn't work well buttoned all the way down because a couple of the buttons want to pop open, so I usually wear it intentionally open. The belt kept the dress positioned where I wanted it.

Even with the dress being as plain as it is, I doubt I'd have felt comfortble with more than one studded piece if it hadn't been for the fact that the studs on the boots are so subtle. These boots are quickly making themselves a staple in my wardrobe, because they add a little bit of rock n' roll to an outfit without looking costumey or overdone.

Dress: thrifted
Tights: Biella
Scarf: some store in Prague
Belt: Lucky Brand
Boots: All Black

No comments:

Post a Comment