Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Belt Clip for Nerds

I've had this Mac & Jac skirt for quite some time but have barely worn it until recently. I believe it needs some minor modifications: first, I think I'll shorten it by a couple of inches so that it hits just at the knee; second, it has a cotton lining that causes the skirt to bunch up on itself when I walk, which I'll remove. Why designers produce skirts and dresses without silky linings has long been a mystery to me.

The purple drape-neck top is thrifted, long cardi from Max Studio, handbag from Banana Republic, boots by Bata. The belt is Oscar by Oscar de la Renta, and is one I got at Saks Off 5th the other weekend in Minneapolis for only $20. Like many leather belts it has the problem of the excess belt length sticking out, and today I was at a loss as to how to make it lay flat. Finally I held it in place by strategically clipping on the security access badge I have to wear at work, which was an astounding bit of nerdiness. But hey, it worked.

To keep this outfit from looking too washed-out, I added this chunky wooden necklace. I find that this necklace, with its large black beads, is an immensely useful item to have in my wardrobe; I don't wear it very often, but when I need it there's really no other substitute for adding a little punch to an outfit without bringing in an additional color. With this one being nice and long, I can tie it in a knot or loop it around my neck several times to make it just the length I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment