Friday, August 8, 2008

Satisfaction

I had another outfit all picked out for Friday, but the shoes I ordered that would have completed the look had not yet arrived, so I threw this together in the morning. I'm not really sure these shoes 'go' with this outfit. However, I had the whole thing put together and the shoes were the last item I needed to decide on. Since I hadn't worn these yet I gave them a try, and once I saw their platformy-hotness next to these skinny jeans, there was no way those suckers were coming off of my feet. I didn't have time to change any other element of the outfit, so out the door I went.

The white drape-neck tank is Michael Stars, pink and brown blouse is thrifted, cardi by La Redoute, belt by Oscar, Joe's jeans, and Saks Fifth Avenue pumps.

I'm sure I'm not the only woman who has the problem of being tempted to buy things simply because they're on sale, and the bigger the discount the more tempting the item is for me. Lately I've really tried to discipline myself and consider whether the item in question is worth the price, sale or no. I spotted (pun intended) these pumps at Saks Off 5th in Minneapolis, and since I'd been looking for a pair of leopard heels for some time, I immediately took a closer look. They were marked down to the ridiculously low price of $36! They definitely met the 'worth the price' criterion, but when you consider that the original price was $250, my sale fixation was also deeply satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment