Monday, August 4, 2008

Cropped Pants

Over the weekend Mark confessed that he has no great love of cropped pants on women, proclaiming that they make the legs look shorter. It's actually a very valid point; therefore I took it as my challenge to try to design an outfit with which this doesn't occur. Perhaps pairing the white pants with pale silver shoes to match my ultra-pallid complexion helped to counteract the effect, perhaps not. Either way I'm still going to wear my cropped pants (sorry Mark!); they are summery and fun, and remind me of drippy popsicles, sprinklers, and bikes with baskets on the front. You can wear them to the beach and you don't have to roll them up to go wading; you can pedal along on a bike and the cuffs don't get caught in the gears. They just don't look very sexy. C'est la vie.

The blue wrap dress is from Forever 21, cropped pants from La Redoute, shoes by Born, scarf and handbag from Banana Republic.

No comments:

Post a Comment