Monday, August 11, 2008

Octogenarian

Today's outfit is comprised mainly of items that were thrifted or free. Lately I've been honing my thrift shopping skills, and the last visit to the local Goodwill store proved quite fruitful indeed. Both of today's tops are from that visit: the striped button-down is Forever 21 and the pink v-neck is Michael Stars. The skirt was given to me by my sister, and the belt was free from the Red Dress Shoppe because it was marred. The shoes are by Bobbi Blu.

Today I ate a fortune cookie that instructed me to, "Seek advice from an octogenarian." It didn't specify what kind of advice to seek, but it occurred to me that it possibly meant style advice. And that got me thinking, how cool would it be if there was an octogenarian reading my blog? Someone who lived through some of the most stylish decades in history would certainly have plenty of good advice to offer. It also made me think for a moment about age and the increasing recognition that women can still look stylish and beautiful long past retirement age. This makes me very optimistic about my own future, so since today is my 82nd post, I'll pretend for a moment that I'm a stylish octogenarian myself. And what advice do I have for myself?

"Buy another pair of shoes."

Oh man, those octogenarians are a bad influence!

No comments:

Post a Comment