Monday, August 18, 2008

Details

I love clothes that have interesting details such as decorative buttons and contrast topstitching. All of the major pieces in today's outfit feature such details. I love the double column of buttons down the front of the skirt, and the topstitching on the shoes gives them a quirkiness that is particularly well-suited to my personal style.

This outfit also features this sorely-neglected blazer from Max Studio. I think it must have been about 2 years since I've worn it; in fact, I almost got rid of it at one point, but the original cost of the jacket made me feel guilty about casting it off without at least giving it one more try. Once I saw it incorporated into this outfit, I wondered why I hadn't worn it more. I like how the tuxedo-style lapels give the blazer a more formal look. I'm glad I gave it a second chance and wasn't too hasty with my most recent wardrobe purge.

Blazer: Max Studio
Green knit top: Forever 21
Black tee: H&M
Skirt: Anthropologie
Shoes: Art Shoes
Handbag: Lucky Brand

No comments:

Post a Comment