Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Subtle

This outfit features a couple more items from my recent thrift store haul. The striped button-down is Old Navy and the skirt is Express; the two together cost me about $8. The waistcoat is by Sisley (from Benetton), belt by Anne Klein, and shoes by BCBG Girls. I love the pairing of florals and stripes; I've seen Kasmira do it before and I like the way the regularity of the stripes offsets the randomness of the floral design. I threw an additional floral pattern in there with the scarf, which I thought softened the menswear look of the button-down shirt/waistcoat combo. The scarf actually began life as a belt on a pair of cropped pants I bought a few years ago.

The colors are very subtle in this outfit and are tough to make out: the shirt is a light beige with thin stripes of red, gold, and white; the skirt is ice blue with flowers in brown, red, and pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment