Friday, August 1, 2008

Sacrilege

Today's outfit was a cinch to put together, since this fantastic Diane von Furstenberg dress really doesn't require much accessorizing. It was a great bargain that I found the Saks Off 5th store on Nicollette Mall in Minneapolis last weekend. This outfit also features several items I brought back from Copenhagen a few years ago: the hat, stockings, and boots. I have no idea what brand the boots are; in fact, I haven't worn them in quite awhile because at some point I took it into my head that they looked too Western for my liking. Inexplicably I began to love them again today; good thing I held onto them. The bag is by Lucky Brand.

I have only one complaint about this dress: the matching belt is attached. I would've loved to wear this with my wide braided leather belt, but didn't want to fuss with having the attached belt hidden underneath it. So, I have a question for my readers: do I dare cut the belt off? Is it sacrilege to modify a Diane von Furstenberg? I love that the attached belt is more of a wide sash, but it sure would be nice to have the option of putting something different over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment