Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dedication

Today's blog post is dedicated to Mark's coworker Margaret (hi Margaret!), who wanted to have a look at the vintage coat I just scored for a ridiculously low price on eBay. The coat appears below, but first I'll give the details on the outfit that was created especially for it.

Dress: a 'hand-me-up' from my sister
Cardigan: Max Studio
Scarf: from a local import store
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Boots: MIA

For a couple of years now I've been searching for the perfect shawl-collar jacket with a fitted waist. It turned out to be a lot harder to find than I imagined, mainly because I was hooked on getting a vintage one, and many of those are either the wrong size or not in good enough shape for my liking. When I found this one on eBay I would have been willing to pay a much higher price for its creamy perfection, but I ended up winning the auction for just $10.50! Even with shipping it only cost me around $20. The fur collar is soft and luxurious, and the coat fits like a dream and is in near-mint condition. I generally try to avoid getting my mind set on finding a really specific item because of the almost always futile and time-consuming search that follows, but in this case it proved to be worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment