Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wardrobe Tour, Part 4

Well, no one's perfect, as my third and final closet goes to show. Try as I might I can't seem to keep this one organized for very long. The latest addition to the jumble was my new computer, which is a lot bigger and has many more components and cords than my Mac (by far the worst thing about PC's is all those stupid cords!!). I still haven't figured out how to wedge everything in there just so, but I'm working on it.

This closet is in the dining room, away from the other two, which is why I selected it for outerwear. As you can see I left just enough space on the narrow garment rack for my coats. As much as I adore coats and am constantly drawn to them when I'm out shopping, I tend to be very judicious about purchasing them because of the valuable closet real estate they take up. And really, here in San Francisco there are relatively few days when you need a great big coat if you have sufficient layers on already.

These photos really show where my priorities lie. I'd rather keep the closets I get dressed in open and uncluttered, with everything in its place. For me planning outfits requires complete freedom of movement; I need to be able to grab different items easily and replace them just as easily. But when it comes to everything else I store in my closet, such as photos, bills and tax forms and such, balls of yarn, and camera gear, I don't mind having to rummage about to find anything.

Tomorrow Mark and I are heading up to Oregon to visit my family. This will be Mark's first time meeting my parents! I'll wrap up the wardrobe tour for now, and write some final thoughts on closet strategies when I get back next week. I'm sure not all of my readers have Martin Luther King Jr. Day off, but for those who do, enjoy your long weekend! I'll see you next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment