Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Shortened

I bought this dress years ago to wear to a friend's wedding, only it was mid-calf length back then. I loved the black and brown print, which is why I've hung onto it, but in the last several years I hadn't worn it because I started to think it looked a little frumpy. So along with yesterday's skirt, I took it in and had it shortened at my local cleaners. I quite like it now as a cheeky minidress.

The dress has 2 layers, an opaque black lining and a semi-sheer chiffon layer on top, with the floral print. The fluttery sleeves and lightweight fabric will allow me to wear it in warmer months, even though the colors are somber. Come spring I'll have to think of ways to brighten it up by adding some vibrant color. For now it made a great starting point for a black and brown combo. The herringbone jacket, tights and boots gave me plenty of warmth for the crisp but sunny weather today.

Dress: Connected Apparel
Jacket: La Redoute
Tights: Falke
Boots: Modern Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment