Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Forgotten, But Not Gone


I've already started to put some long-forgotten garments back into circulation following my closet purge. Today it was this black skirt, which was a staple in my wardrobe for some time but which has been neglected in recent months. The skirt is made of slightly stretchy fabric and has these great kick pleats in the back, which makes it easy to walk in though it's got all the figure-hugging sass you'd want in a pencil skirt. The other underutilized item today was the black and white graphic tank top, which I nearly unloaded in the purge but thankfully decided to try on instead and realized it still looks great.

When I first put on the red, white, and black ensemble I liked it, but even with the pattern mixing I found it just a little subdued for my taste. Since the cropped jacket has a neckline that makes it tough to wear necklaces, I decided to add a little sparkle by using this shiny scarf. It's hard to see here, but the scarf is woven from black and metallic silver threads, and is a great substitute for a chunky piece of jewelry. The stack of silver bangles gave it the finishing touch.

Tank top: H&M
Cropped jacket: A. Byer
Scarf: Local import store
Bangles: A gift from Sal
Skirt: Max Studio
Shoes: BCBG Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment