Monday, January 5, 2009

Vintage Fur


This little vintage fur stole was a timely addition to my wardrobe, as it was absolutely freezing in my office today. Not exactly a welcoming first day back after a holiday break spent relaxing on a warm sunny beach south of the border.

I'm not a big fan of large expanses of fur, because I don't think it's very attractive to look like a wooly mammoth. I also don't advocate producing or buying of any new fur pieces, since there are quite enough quality items in existence already. However, vintage fur in a small piece like this or as a trim on a lapel or cuff looks very chic and retro classic, and is warm and cozy to boot. I found this pristine-condition piece at a second hand store a few weeks ago when I was scouring the city for interesting items to use as hat trimmings; the stole set me back just $8.

Hat: Alternative Design Studio
Sweater: Banana Republic
Stole: Vintage
Obi belt and skirt: Sunhee Moon
Shoes: Cole Haan

No comments:

Post a Comment