Friday, November 27, 2009

Blog Meet Blog

Well, I told you I didn't take many pictures at the blog meet-up last weekend, and I wasn't lying -- I took all of two. But how cute is this shot of Jess in her adorable vintage scooter dress? Surely quality makes up for lack of quantity in this case.

Jess originally tried this dress with a tulle petticoat underneath, but I thought it looked cuter in its intended minidress shape. The mandarin collar nicely minimizes Jess's large bust, and the skirt has exactly the right length and flare to highlight her hourglass shape. The little cape-like bolero jacket hits at just the right spot on her arms and draws attention to her feminine wrists and delicate hands. The lighting is a bit dim in this photo, so you can't tell that her boots and handbag are both a dark green, while the bolero, belt, and tights are black. What a great way to winterize this summery sleeveless minidress.

The casualty of the evening was unfortunately my head, which I burned with a curling iron as we were getting ready. In the days since then I've been wearing my bangs down to hide the giant, crusty red patch; obviously I'm not very adept at curling my hair, and after my broken toe incident a couple months ago, I don't think it would be entirely unfair to call me accident-prone. Between my burnt forehead and my hacking cough, I was in pretty bad shape that evening. My outfit was nice, though -- I wore an ecru jersey dress layered over a plain black t-shirt and a ruffled gray top, a Lucille underbust harness made by Mark, and my Fly London boots.

For photos of Jess and I, along with many other attendees, see Anna Marie's post at Last Days of Light, this post over at Beauty Revolution Magazine, and this photo set by Mike Adams. And for still more commentary and photos of the event, also check out these posts by The Jaunty Magpie, Urban Fashion Network, and one of the event organizers, the adorable Rebecca of The Clothes Horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment