Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Bone-Chilling



I haven't worn this dress in quite awhile, mainly because until recently it hasn't been cold enough. This is only the third time I've worn it since I brought it back from Paris last year, so I'm resolving to come up with more ways to style it this winter. The panels around the back and sides of the skirt are made of boiled wool, and the rest of the dress is a sturdy wool blend fabric, perfect for those bone-chilling foggy days in the Bay Area. The dress also has a removable wrap (shown in this post), which attaches via the buttons that are visible around the shoulders.

For this outfit I paired the dress with my plaid blazer and cowboy boots to give it a more casual look. I wanted to keep the jewelery simple yet eye-catching, so I chose my big quartz pendant. It's tough to see in these photos, but the t-shirt I layered underneath is a sparkly silver; it added a bit of shine to the otherwise matte fabrics. The tights have tiny horizontal stripes of light gray and charcoal.

If you're in the US, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow. Enjoy your long weekend -- I know I will!

Jacket: Promod
Pendant: Manu Lizzaralde
Dress: 2026
Tights: Noa Noa
Boots: vintage Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment