Monday, November 23, 2009

Double Drape

I'm back from Seattle, where Jess and I had a wonderful time at the Blog Meet Blog party, organized by Rebecca The Clothes Horse and Kam from Needle + Thread. I only wish I hadn't been in the very worst phase of a bad cold (which I am still fighting), because I feel I would've been a bit more social and talked to more people if I hadn't been feeling so crummy. Sick as I was, I also neglected to take more than a couple of photos; I'll post my scant photographic record later this week, but in the meantime you may see a couple people you recognize over on this post. It was really nice to get out and meet some fellow bloggers, and the party location, at modern design store BoConcept, was just amazing. More about the meet-up later, but right now I need chicken soup and a cup of hot tea, stat.

Here's an outfit from last week, in which I went for a double-drape look by layering a smaller cowl top underneath the larger cowl of this orange dress. The top underneath helped to fill in the wide neck opening of the dress and bring in an additional shade of purple.

Top: thrifted
Dress: Skunkfunk
Belt: Lazaro
Skirt: Fiorini Wichmacki
Boots: Fly London

No comments:

Post a Comment